Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Prince of Persia on the Nintendo DS

I like it. I don’t know what these guys are talking about. So long as I can keep Prince wall-running and somersaulting at a respectable flow, I’m good. And I can, so I am. An option for D-pad controls in tandem with the touch screen might have been nice, but the touch controls work more than well enough.

The game is cool for what it is. I don’t see what there is to 6.8 about (yes, I just turned a review score into a verb). It plays like classic prince. Not Sands of Time. The original original. The combat may be a bit easy, but we’re all here for the sweet Jackie Chan wall jumps and avoiding spike pits, aren’t we?

Oh, and Matt? You may want to think about sprinkling a bit of objectivity into your reviews now and then. You “want[ing] to punch this version of Prince in the face” because of the art style doesn’t tell anyone if this game is worth their money. It might tell them you’re overly judgmental when it comes to small details and that you might award games lower scores than they probably deserve, but hey—maybe that’s what you’re going for.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't played this game yet, but it kind of irks me already based off of its controls alone. We've had this discussion before, and we seemed to agree that a DS game shouldn't be made with stylus controls just for the sake of having stylus controls. If it could have been done as good or better with the d-pad and buttons, why not just have the button input in addition to the stylus controls, or forgo the stylus at all.

    I'll have to give it a go at some point and see what I actually think about the game after playing it.

    ReplyDelete